I think this blogging thing really helps me in some ways...It challenges me to reflect on things I've learned and be able to communicate them to others, which is a good thing I think!
My friend Krystal wrote an email today to send to her friends as an encouragement, and not only was it encouraging, but also convicting for me. As she shared about how God had been showing her some sin in her life, He also revealed some in mine. I am such a selfish person. I thought I had somewhat learned this lesson before, but I think the battle against my selfish nature is going to be a lifelong fight. So much of what I do is motivated by what I can gain...instead of how I can bring glory to my Savior. This sin of selfishness seems to be the hub for other sins as well. My purpose is not to bring glory to myself, but to my God.
This, I think, is such a hard concept not only in today's society, but also in the fallen world we live in. We are taught to glorify ourselves, and we also must fight against the sin nature that we have from birth. Nearly everything is pulling us in the direction of self-glorification, but we must fight against it with the Word. How humbling it is to learn that "it's not about us" and to begin to understand the depth to which the sin of selfishness has penetrated our hearts. May my desire, and may the desire of all, be to bring glory to our God...may Satan not be successful in blocking from us the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ! May our Father gives us eyes to see the truth of His Word, and in through this gift of seeing, may the things of this world be so unattractive in comparison to the magnificent glory of Christ!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment