Monday, August 17, 2009

Blindness

Last week was difficult. There were transitions that perhaps I wasn't ready for, along with the fact that I was hit with the reality of lostness. Combined with other emotions, it proved to be a somewhat trying week. It wasn't all bad. I think the combination of these events allowed for a time of deeper reflection on the truth of God's Word. I have continually thought on the passage in 2 Corinthians 4:3-6.

"3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. 4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

The Gospel is Truth, but without the work of God's gracious revelation it is folly to those who don't believe. The contrast between a believer and nonbeliever is clear: blindness vs. walking in the light. A blind person cannot see Christ as God and as good. Only his children are able to love Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God, and to see the beauty in the cross of Christ. I long for others to see Him...

Thank You, Father, for revealing to me the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ. I long for the salvation of my friends and family. You are just in Your ways, Lord. May my desire be Your glory.

No comments: