Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pride...

Well, this summer has been so great thus far! Everyone here seems to be growing in some way or another! It's so great to be in an environment like this...

Toward the beginning of the summer, one of the students asked me something God had been teaching me. I didn't really know what to say at the time, but one thing I continually struggle with is my pride. I told him about how selfish I can be and just continued to talk some about my sin. Finally, he said one thing that I think was very wise...He reminded me to just stop focusing on my sin. Instead, focus on God. Even when I look at my own failures, the object is me. It is good to recognize sin, but I think dwelling on it can be detrimental to growth. When we fix our eyes on Christ, on what He's done and who He is, then He gets the glory. How better to strip away my pride than to have, and be humbled by, a deeper understanding of the Creator of the universe, who is my Father?!

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25-26

No comments: